Extractions and Missing Teeth
If you are suffering from an infected tooth and you are in pain, the team at South Bay Infinite Smiles will assess the situation and recommend the appropriate treatment. Sometimes a tooth is damaged beyond repair and extraction is our only option. Dr. Boulos will discuss the procedure with you and give you excellent options for tooth replacement.
If you suspect that you may have a tooth that needs to be removed or if you want to consult about replacing missing teeth, give us a call today at 310-792-0049 to set up a consultation.
When is a Tooth Extraction Necessary?
Dr. Boulos will always try to save an infected tooth with root canal therapy, however, sometimes an extraction is our best and only viable option.
When would I need a tooth extraction in Torrance?
- When the tooth is decayed, fractured, or damaged beyond repair
- If the tooth is loose due to gum disease
- If keeping the tooth will cause damage to adjacent teeth and result in further bone loss
What to Expect During the Extraction
At Infinite Smiles, our first step is to listen to your concerns and address them. At the time of extraction, Dr. Boulos will use topical gel and local anesthetic to numb your tooth and gums. Once adequate anesthesia is achieved, she will rock the tooth to create space in the socket in which the tooth resides. You will only feel pressure but no pain. She will then remove the tooth and discuss what to expect over the next few days.
Why Should I Replace a Missing Tooth?
Missing teeth not only affect your confidence and your smile but will also affect your overall dental health and oral structures. The space left by a missing tooth will cause bone loss, teeth migration, and a shift in your bite. When you lose a tooth, you lose the bone that was acting as its support. This will affect the stability of the surrounding teeth.
Teeth like to be in contact with each other. Because of this, the adjacent teeth will start moving into the space that was held by the missing tooth. This can cause a shift in your bite and damage to your teeth.
What Are My Options After Tooth Extraction?
- Dental Implants: Whether it is one or multiple missing teeth, dental implants provide an excellent and proven solution to restore your missing teeth. The implants are small titanium posts placed by a specialist, an oral surgeon, in the jawbone. They replicate the function of the root of a tooth. Over 3-4 months, the titanium bonds with the bone. At this time, we can place implant crowns that can last a lifetime or implant-supported overdentures to restore an arch that is missing all the teeth.
- Dentures: Aside from implants, we have the ability to design and fabricate removable full or partial dentures that can restore your smile and confidence.
How Much Do These Procedures Cost?
The cost of any restorative procedure depends on your specific needs. Our team of friendly and knowledgeable financial coordinators will help you understand the cost before your treatment. We accept most insurance plans and will work with you to maximize your benefits. We also offer financing and payment options, including CareCredit.
At South Bay Infinite Smiles, we provide high-quality restorative dentistry to patients all over the South Bay, including Torrance, the Beach Cities, Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, and Rolling Hills Estates. Call us at (310) 792-0049 to make your consultation appointment with Dr. Boulos and discuss your concerns.